When you meet someone for the first time, you often remember best what the person said, whether they communicated clearly and if they were interesting. Your cover letter for your resume serves as an introduction to your skills and experience, and should make the interviewer want to know more about you. It is also important to relate your cover letter to the specific retail environment that you are applying for. Looking at this free retail sales associate cover letter sample is helpful to get ideas for writing your own cover letter. Check out this sample and the other tips to make the best impression with your writing.
Free Retail Sales Associate Cover Letter Sample
Dear Mr. Johnson,
I am interested in the Game Mart retail sales associate position that was advertised on your website. I am hoping to further my career in sales, and I feel that your position is the ideal opportunity because I am knowledgeable in many aspects of computer gaming.
Currently I work at Handy Hardware, where I keep the store aisles clean and help customers find the products they are looking for. I especially enjoy providing great customer service so that customers get exactly what they need for their household projects.
I would like to expand my knowledge of the retail environment by getting a position where I work in sales full time. I desire to learn point-of-sale skills in addition to working more with customers. My attention to customer service as well as my knowledge of the gaming industry would be a good fit for your Game Mart location.
I am a motivated individual who is looking to advance in the retail industry. Thank you for your consideration of me for this position. I look forward to discussing this job opportunity with you in the near future.
What to Include in a Retail Sales Associate Cover Letter
Be sure to mirror the language in the job description in the writing of your cover letter. As with this free retail sales associate cover letter sample, never write a letter that is more than a page long. You want to give the interviewer an appealing glimpse of your skills and experience that will make them want to continue on to your resume.
Industry Specific Skills to Include
Of course you will tailor your cover letter to fit the particular job that you are applying for, but you also want to add some extra quality by mentioning specific skills you have. When mentioning aptitudes in your letter, be sure to give an example of how you display these skills, following the example set in this free retail sales associate cover letter sample.
• Service-Oriented: The customer always comes first with their wants and needs. A sales associate needs to be friendly and responsive to customers.
• Communication Skills: Retail sales demand great communication skills in both listening and speaking to best address customer needs.
• Consistency: Sales associates need to be consistent in following the policies of the employer regarding sales campaigns and company procedures.
• Sales Skills: Persuasiveness and knowledge of sales techniques are a plus to mention.
Sales Associate Cover Letter Sample 1:
I am writing in response to your advertisement for the position of Sales Associate, and would like to submit my resume for the position. With over 3 years of experience in sales and a 2-year diploma in Sales and Customer service, I believe I have all the capabilities required for becoming an integral part of your sales team.
For the past two years I have been associated with Big Shop, a Boston-based discount retail store. In my current position as a Sales Associate, I am responsible for generating sales, maintaining outstanding customer service, merchandising products, and supporting the in-house store management team.
My major responsibilities include the following:
- Ensuring each customer receives quality service
- Maintaining awareness of all advertisements and promotions
- Executing the daily day-to-day goals and priorities set by the management
- Upholding the store’s high cleanliness standards
- Participating in the processing of new shipments
- Assisting the warehouse team in keeping the stock receiving area and the back stock area organized and clean
- Assisting in training, monitoring, and development of new recruits
- Ensuring compliance to safety policy defined by the store management team
- Assisting customers in locating items and answering their queries related to products sold in the store
- Providing information to customers on store’s procedures and policies
Conscious of customers’ needs, I always strive to provide them with prompt and high-quality service. On numerous occasions, I have received recognition from the management for my ability to go out of the way to serve customers better. I possess excellent listening and oral communication skills, two qualities that I believe are paramount for this job.
My resume, attached with this application, highlights my professional skills, achievements, and qualifications in greater detail. I hope you will grant me an opportunity to meet you in person to discuss my application further.
Sales Associate Cover Letter Sample 2:
Your advertisement for the job of Sales Associate caught my attention, as the listed requirements match perfectly with my professional background. I have got three years of experience in commercial real estate industry. This along with my educational background, a 4 year Bachelor degree in Sales and Marketing, I believe will allow me to bring the expertise you need for this job.
During my tenure with Red Street Corporation, with whom I have been employed for the last 2 years, I have established myself as a successful sales person. My current key responsibilities include, among others, the following:
- Upgrading services to allow inclusion of other product offers
- Discussing research, subscription pricing offers, and service levels
- Setting up conference calls between company’s clients and research team
- Acquiring and effectively communicating responses to questions asked by clients
- Assisting with transitioning of new clients from salespersons to account managers
- Assisting Marketing team in creation of new marketing ideas.
- Assisting Marketing team in development of effective client programs
- Providing feedback from clients to evaluate possible refinements to offered products and the requirement for new products
In addition to the above job-related skills, I offer you:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficiency with computers (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Well-developed presentation skills
- Key understanding of the financial industry (hedge funds, bonds, mutual funds, stocks, etc.)
- Fundamental knowledge of the commercial real estate industry
My inherent competitive nature and sales-driven personality work to my added advantage and allow me to successfully achieve, and often surpass the set sales targets. On several occasions I have been rewarded by the management for my outstanding work, the most notable being the ‘Sales Person of the Year’ award in 2012.
I am excited about working with such an esteemed firm as yours and hope to meet you soon to discuss your specific needs and my ability to meet them.
Sales Associate Cover Letter Sample 3:
I am very interested in the opportunity for employment with your company as an Entry Level Sales Associate.
I am a young, enthusiastic, and self motivated individual who is eager to succeed. While this would be my first time working in sales, I am confident I can learn quickly and make an immediate impact on the team at your company. I am looking for a young and energetic work environment, one in which will allow me to demonstrate and grow my skills which I feel your company can provide.
My previous work experience has supplied me knowledge that can be easily applied to the retail sector. I am a proficient user of Microsoft Excel, a program in which I spent countless hours with during my Psychology studies. I have been put in high stress, fast paced, and dynamic situations and I work very well under pressure. As an employee in the restaurant industry I have learned the value of providing excellent communication and customer service which are skills that directly correlate to the retail Industry.
Going forward, I feel as if my background, personality, and drive are suitable for employment within your store. I hope to have the opportunity to grow my professional career with your company and I’m confident that I can be an asset to your growing team.
Thank you for taking the time to review my application and cover letter. I look forward to hearing from you.