Are you looking to build the perfect resume to boost your job search? Our sample resume for a carpenter could be just the blueprint you need. View the sample below and download the sample resume for a carpenter in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
- Experienced and versatile in carpentry and woodworking with background in residential, commercial, and municipal construction and remodeling to include framing, trim, windows, doors, and siding.
- In-depth knowledge of construction process from material selection, techniques, tools and equipment to quality assurance, cost control, and safety.
- Accurately read blueprints, project plans, and specifications; determine material needs, estimate costs, and prioritize tasks to minimize production delays.
- Proven expertise in project / team supervision; excel at communicating with clients, architects, and subcontractors to deliver results within budget and stated requirements.
- Comfortably negotiate multistory heights and able to lift more than 75 pounds.
- Possess full range of quality tools, reliable late-model truck, and excellent driving and attendance record.
Seth Reynolds Construction, Madison, Wisconsin
Lead Carpenter, 2010 – Present
Supervise four-member team engaged in build of local high school; led or participated in all construction phases. Interface with inspectors, project managers, subcontractors, and crews. Ensure work completed met internal standards and regulatory requirements. Determine material needs and order products from suppliers. Schedule and train crew members.
- Identified and resolved potential cost-overrun issue; maintained project schedule despite unexpected subcontractor delays.
- Proactively coordinated with suppliers to ensure material costs remained within budget.
C. Dagenais LLC, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Journeyman Carpenter, 2006 – 2010
Contributed to successful completion of commercial and county construction projects. Interpreted blueprints and assessed job requirements. Ordered and scheduled delivery of materials, and communicated with clients and project managers to prioritize workflow. Operated broad range of power tools such as table saws, radial arm saws, circular saws, planers, jointers, and drills. Built block outs, forms, machine pads, panels, parapets, and safety rails for stairs and windows. Signed off on completed work and closed out projects.
- Demonstrated initiative by taking lead on critical projects; framed two school buildings and extensive restaurant remodel.
Walker Brothers, Inc., Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Carpenter Apprentice, 2003 – 2006
Gained exposure and valuable experience in construction-industry standards and processes through hands-on participation in numerous residential builds. Worked closely with project managers and crew to achieve objectives. Performed and assisted with framing, roof and stair building, and various rough carpentry tasks. Coordinated with Journeymen on completing estimations and collaborated on designs, ensuring projects met National Building Code standards.
- Quickly earned reputation for superior quality and attention to detail.
Sample Carpenter Cover Letter or Joiner Cover Letter
If you are looking for a post as a carpenter or joiner, this example may prove helpful as a template for your own carpenter cover letter.
What should your cover letter for a carpenter or joiner post contain?
A cover letter is meant to get an employer to contact you for interview – or at least look at your CV / resume. So before you write your covering letter, read and analyse the advertisement and job specification carefully then highlight your skills relevant to the post for which you are applying.
Make sure you check for spelling and grammar before you send your letter.
Sample Carpenter Cover Letter for a Carpenter or Joiner Role
40 Any Rd
Tel: 0208 888888
E-mail: [email protected]
Anytown Super Stores
1 Any Street
Dear Mr Wellman,
Re: Vacant Post of Carpenter / Joiner
I wish to apply for the position of Carpenter / Joiner as advertised in the Anytown Gazette and on The Personal Development Cafe website. Please find enclosed my CV for your consideration.
As you can see, I am a fully qualified First Fix carpenter and joiner. Since completing my apprenticeship I have gained several years solid work history including on-site, commercial builds using CAD and in residential properties. I hold a current CSCS card.
My key skills include:
- Current DBS, Full clean Driving licence
- Fully qualified with Diploma in carpentry
- Qualified Computer Assisted Design (CAD)
- Current CSCS card
- Fully competent in the use of power tools and hand tools.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent team worker
I am physcically fit, outgoing, confident and a great team player. I believe that given the opportunity I would make a positive addition to your team as this role would utilise the skills I already possess and allow me to gain further skills and experience.
If you require any more information I would be happy to provide it and can be contacted either by telephone on the numbers on my CV or by email [email protected] I am available for interviews and hope to hear from you soon.
Once you have constructed a Carpenter CV covering letter that will impress, you can search for a job in your country or overseas, find the latest jobs and start applying instantly by uploading your CV / resume online.
If you are looking for other great example cover letters in your field to introduce your CV/resume to a prospective employer then go to our sample CV cover letters section to find:
Sample cover letter for Admin Assistant
Sample cover letter NLP
Sample cover letter for Project Manager
Sample cover letter for Social Worker
Before you send out your carpenter cover letter, please remember how important it is to check for grammar and punctuation. Sometimes a word transposed or omitted can have a devastating effect. Just look at some of the worst CV mistakes for examples of bad grammar and punctuation.
If you have any questions, comments, need help writing a Carpenter CV or resume or would like further information on how to write a CV or resume, use our comment form below and we will gladly try and get the advice and guidance that you need.