Writing research papers is a wearying process, and even more so when you don’t have a specified topic. Teachers more often now assign students with papers on optional themes. They usually give only general directions on issues you are to discuss in your works. Therefore, you might need to look for good topics for high school research papers on the web. It’s better to search for them on reliable educational websites, such as ours. Our mission is to teach students and to help them meet their academic goals.
We have completed a list of high school research paper topics on several subjects so that you have a wide choice at your disposal. Hopefully, one of our high school research paper topics will fit you and you’ll use it for your paper. If none of the points below are suitable for you, you can just get inspiration from them by seeing how topics for a research paper high school should look. Using the items from our list as an example will lead you to finding a perfect issue for investigation.
The research paper topics for high school below are suitable for both freshman and senior students. Choose the one you need according to the discipline and time you have for implementing the task. We tried to divide research paper topics for high school students into the following categories: “easy level of complexity,” “middle level of complexity,” and “difficult level of complexity.” However, you should understand that this division is relative because all depends on the range of your knowledge in each particular sphere. So, try to refrain from focusing only on easy research paper topics for high school. Perhaps, you’ll find exactly what you need in other categories.
Be quick to meet our English research paper topics for high school so that you’ll finish your paper on time. We wish you inspiration and good luck!
Easy Level of Complexity
1. Where does country music come from?
2. History of developing arts on borderlands between Mexico and the US.
3. What is the origin of sin according to the Bible?
4. Stages of the Civil Rights Movement development in the 1960s in the US. Which event can be regarded as the most meaningful?
5. Which of the three branches of government is the most powerful and why?
6. What roles do prehistoric visual communications play for the development of language?
7. How are jails distinguished from prisons? How do those differences reflected on the treatment to prisoners?
8. What is the effect of tree size on the level of soil moisture?
9. What can be counted as good teaching and why? Is the teacher’s ability to deliver information more important than vast knowledge in a subject?
10. Evolution of the telescope: from ancient to modern.
11. Compare anti-nationalism movements in New York with those existing in Hong Kong, China.
12. Greenhouse effect boosts global warming: myth or truth?
13. The political impacts of atomic bombing in Hiroshima and Nagasaki for the USA.
14. How have social services evolved in the Bahamas, and what steps should be taken first to enhance them further?
15. How did Theodore Roosevelt perform as a military leader?
16. Is 21 a perfect age for legal alcohol drinking? Should this age be lowered?
17. Which of the most meaningful technological innovations in mechanical engineering have been introduced recently?
Middle Level of Complexity
18. The social causes for the Russian Revolution and the assassination of Alexander II.
19. Can the American Revolution be considered profitable for women’s rights?
20. How was the chivalric code invented? Did it work in Medieval Europe?
21. What is the impact of air pollution to the population’s health?
22. How climate has influenced the development of Europe.
23. What steps should a government take to provide people with disabilities with high-quality education?
24. How to reduce the involvement of violence in sports?
25. How are the problems of racism described in media of the USA, including TV shows, animation, and movies?
26. What are the specificities of educating Indian teenage boys?
27. The role of women at the beginning of the 20th century in Europe.
28. The flaws of the American prison system.
29. The development of cryptography in the USSR.
30. Factors that influence the incidence of African American women’s obesity at the age group of 18-30.
31. Dark matter: questions that are still unrevealed.
32. How can storing radioactive waste in the United States affect prolificacy?
Difficult Level of Complexity
33. The significance of Plato’s philosophy of mathematics.
34. How to act like a leader during times of change?
35. What should school administrators do to prevent the increase in the number of students who become addicted to drugs?
36. Can the results of pre-election polls that are enlightened in the media affect voters’ behavior?
37. Is there any connection between the educational possibilities for women and their will to have babies?
38. Should death penalties be outlawed completely?
39. The role of women in the industrialization after the American Civil War?
40. What was the impact of the eruption of Mt. St. Helens in 1980 on the local population of the surrounding areas?
41. Is music treatment an effective means for mental diseases as an additional therapy?
42. How have the latest immigration reforms influenced Hispanics in the USA?
43. What is the significant effect of genetically modified food on the environment?
44. Social factors that boost teenage eating disorders.
45. How do women immigrating to the USA cope with gender equality, marriage, and social identity?
46. What impact does the media have on teenagers’ self-esteem?
47. What are the factors that encourage people to be highly moral if they do not believe in God?
48. How does the parents’ divorce affect the ability of a child to be educated?
49. The importance of early motor development at age three or younger.
50. Compare and contrast the level of public security before and after the 9/11 terrorist attacks in New York.
“He who wants to persuade should put his trust not in the right argument, but in the right word. The power of sound has always been greater than the power of sense.”
– Joseph Conrad
That is one of the golden rules every student/young writer should memorize to carry out meaningful, powerful persuasive papers. The initial step to success is choosing the most interesting persuasive essay topics. To choose which subject you are going to discuss, it is necessary to view the full list of good persuasive speech topics from the particular field of study.
GET YOUR PERFECT RERSUASIVE ESSAY NOW
Dedicate a few minutes to looking through this article. It contains a number of the good persuasive speech topics high school & college teachers tend to assign. Do you have any questions left? A professional online writing service is willing to help every student who has problems with meeting the deadlines or writing argumentative papers.
Why Would a Student Need a List of the Interesting Persuasive Essay Topics?
What if I tell you that by reading this article every student will learn more about how to pick interesting persuasive essay topics and receive A+. Isn’t it a goal of each school/college student? Having more than 100 good persuasive essay topics is never enough without several supportive skills:
- Reading & Comprehension
- Research & Analysis
- Critical Thinking
The initial step to success is still selecting the subject to write about and acknowledging the opposing arguments.
Another great idea is to get some free essay examples of different types and on various subjects to get an overall idea of how a successful debatable paper looks.
The rest of the skills are gained during the elementary & middle school education. The teachers do not always assign the particular topic. Many students get stuck at the stage of choosing the subject; they fail the mission by being late.
It sounds like enough reasons to read the proposed article, which contains more than 100 interesting persuasive essay topics and valuable writing tips. Have I persuaded you to go on reading? It is the brilliant example of persuasive writing!
7 Tickets to a Winning Persuasive Essay
Take a stand: The golden rule of persuasive writing number one. Forget about the wishy-washy declarations in this type of academic writing: avoid generalizations like “Gender Studies as a school subject has its advantages & disadvantages.” A student must take a specific position (example: “Gender Studies is a useless, discriminative subject that must be removed from the high school/college curriculum.”
Check whether you have enough evidence to support the main argument (thesis statement). Conduct an in-depth research sitting in front of your computer or a school/college library. Apply both primary & secondary sources to collect different points of view, shocking facts, and impressive statistics.
“If you don’t know what you want to achieve in your presentation your audience never will.”
– Harvey Diamond
Decide on the target audience. Harvey is not the one to prove the significant role of the target reading/listening audience in the persuasive essay writing.
Out of the list of good persuasive speech topics, make a shorter list specifying the ideas you are familiar with and possess enough evidence to support your argument. The writer’s position must make sense (example: instead of claiming that murder is bad, state that a death penalty is not the most effective punishment and it will not stop serial killers fro what they do.)
Follow the accepted academic paper structure: introduction, 3-5 body paragraphs (one argument per each), conclusion, and Bibliography/References page.
Define the purpose. Are you trying to introduce an unpopular view on the subject of matter or are you writing to prove your position is right? The tone/voice of the final paper depends on these factors.
Add something more than evidence. Write your paper on one of the interesting persuasive essay topics based on the collected evidence, but do not forget to include other supporting elements such as examples & meaningful explanations. It would be great to write about things the writer has faced in his life.
GET YOUR PERSUASIVE ESSAY HERE
Enjoy 103 Good Persuasive Speech Topics: Make Your Choice Wisely!
Are you waiting impatiently to view the recommended list of good persuasive speech topics? We have divided 100+ cool persuasive topics into separate categories to make it simpler to choose the subject based on the student’s specialization.
Sports Persuasive Essay Topics
- Girls and boys can play in the same games teams
- Every professional athlete must pass the drug test before the contest
- What is the role of sports day in educational life?
- Are athletes better role models than rock stars?
- High school & college sportsmen should be paid
- Extreme kinds of sports must be banned for children
- The scandals may ruin the Olympic Games
- David Beckham is an overrated football player
- Swimming is the safest and healthiest type of sports
- The role of Physical Education in modern schools is underestimated
Persuasive Essay Topics on Education
- Schools should make the classes shorter and more frequent
- It is important to decrease the amount of homework (get inspired)
- Why do parents deserve a greater impact on education?
- Which subject can be excluded from the high school program?
- Teachers deserve shorter holidays
- Students need longer holidays
- Gender Studies is a discriminative subject
- Should students be rewarded for the high test scores?
- Is there a way to punish school bullying effectively?
- Should schools abolish examinations?
Persuasive Essay Topics about Animals
- Why protecting a Giant Panda is critical?
- Zoos are worse than human prisons
- A zoo is much better than a jail
- Foxes should be bred into the home pets
- What is the least dangerous animal on the planet?
- The influence of wild animals on nature
- Hunting for sport is an acceptable pastime
- They should make hunting illegal
- No one has a right to keep wild-caught exotic animals against their will
- People should stop wearing fur & leather clothing
Good Persuasive Essay Topics for High School
- Pros and cons of wearing a school uniform
- The problem of hate crime in schools
- Our society is no longer male-dominated
- Does modern TV impinge on the adolescent’s intellect?
- Global Warming: myth or truth?
- The ethical & moral aspects of cloning
- Abortions should be illegal
- Death sentence is an acceptable punishing measure
- Companies must start paying paternity leave to fathers
- Should various communication devices be allowed during the examinations?
Persuasive Essay Topics about Music
- Percussionists cannot be called professional musicians
- It is time to make music literacy a mandatory element of high school/college curricula
- Are school students better off studying dance or music?
- Why are American and British musicians more paid than the artists from the rest of the world?
- Does it make sense to invest in your personal band?
- Every person with normal hearing can sing
- Playing bass guitar is not easier than playing 6-string electro guitar
- Music is one of the best treatments to cure mental disorders
- Can some genres like heavy metal push the children to commit suicide?
- Is gothic music focus on the topic of death?
Science Persuasive Essay Topics
- Are cell phones safe?
- They must allow the law enforcement to apply DNA profiling in criminal investigations
- People have no right to conduct medical research on animal species
- The government should participate in developing measures necessary to prevent rare species of plants/animals from extinction
- Our activity contributes to the global warming
- People alone are responsible for the high level of pollution in the atmosphere
- Should oil companies be held more accountable in terms of the oil spills?
- Can marijuana be used as a medical treatment?
- They should stop cloning animals
- Is it safe to eat genetically modified food?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Elementary Students
- The positive outcomes of war
- Homework writing assignments are useless in elementary school
- Collecting cars or dolls is the most boring hobby in the world
- Students of any age must have permission to keep their devices on during the class
- School cafeteria serve almost poisonous food
- Colleges must provide students with the free lunches
- Money can bring happiness
- Should students do homework tasks every night?
- Why can every child have a pet?
- What has more impact - recycling or donating?
Self-Help Writing Ideas
- Improve your time management to succeed at work
- The way to dress for success
- Why is it important to be true?
- Do the embarrassing episodes make people stronger?
- Potential catastrophes make people who survive value their lives more than before
- Should people live their lives spontaneously?
- Are determination and hard work enough to be successful?
- Self-confident is the most important personal trait
- Hobbies help to continue personal growth
- Is music a stress reliever capable of decreasing depression?
Government & Politics Argumentative Paper Ideas
- Recruiters must be required to post job vacancies on a government-run website
- Why is it the responsibility of our government to shelter homeless people?
- Must the religious groups drive the state fund schools?
- Puerto Rico should become a state
- Alaska has never belonged to the United States
- Barack Obama deserves to be printed on the new US banknotes
- Justice system in the United States has to be improved
- The military budget is rather huge: it is time to reduce it!
- Is a war on drugs failure?
- Marijuana can help to achieve peace around the world
Funny & Humorous Debatable Paper Ideas
(more ideas to make your homework answers smart!)
- Blondes are not necessarily dumb
- Humorous pick-up lines work
- Do men gossip more than women?
- Why should students be allowed to drink beer at school?
- They should assign PE writing homework
- Never let your parents become your FaceBook friends/followers
- Moms can be more fun & crazy than dads
- Debatable essays are pointless
- “Family Guy” displayed “Star Wars” better than George Lucas
- Men should start wearing pink clothing
Find a bonus: 3 more good persuasive essay topics you may write about:
- Reservation casinos are beneficial if managed properly (Finances class).
- Should Scotland gain independence? (History class)
- There is no way to defend & support gay marriage (International Relations class).
The proposed list of the good persuasive speech topics gives a clear understanding of what to write about to impress a high school/college teacher or the public. Choose the topic wisely! A student must be comfortable with his choice and elaborate on it to develop a powerful thesis and defend it. Don’t forget to add a strong hook at the beginning (introduction paragraph) and end up with an impressive conclusion to make the reader want to discuss the interesting persuasive essay topics of your choice. We wish you good luck!
P.S. Keep in mind you can contact online academic writers to assist in topic selection as well as writing the whole paper from A to Z.